I’m so excited to announce that I have been nominated for The Beautiful Mama Blog Award by Grandma Says… It’s always so interesting to read blogs by the more mature generations. I find so many are my age or younger. It is nice to read how other folks see things from their life experiences. Thanks so much Grandma!!
The rules of this award are simple:
- Put the Award Button on your Blog.
- Provide a link back to the momma that nominated you! Send that love right back at em with a big old thanks!
- List 3 things you love about being a mother!
- And, of course, nominate other blogs for this award. No minimum or maximum on this… just nominate away!
Three things I love about being a mother:
- The love. As I’m writing this, Colten, is napping next to me on the couch. Just looking at his sweet face as he sleeps brings tears to my eyes. My boys are so wonderful and I just feel like my heart could burst with the passion in which I love them, and with which they love me back. Josh is constantly trying to “out love” me. Once he has kids, he’ll realize that’s impossible.
- The laughter. While Josh is the comedian, Colten certainly does his share to make me laugh too. We all actually enjoy a good chuckle, a funny story, or just being goofballs together.
- Having other mom friends with which to commiserate with. It’s not all fun and games and it so helps to have other moms around to have a shoulder to cry on, a wall to bang your head against with, a glass to fill with wine with… If I were not a mother, I would not have these friends and with these friends, I’m a better mother.
3b. Even though he’s not a mom friend, I count Adrian along with this group and then some since he’s half the reason I am a mother and knows first hand how our boys can be. We have our parenting differences, but lately it really has felt like we’re working more on being a team and not negating each other so much. I am a MUCH better mother because of him.
My nominations for this award are:
Amalah – I love this blog! This is one of the ones I look forward to reading every day. Amy has three adorable and small boys and they keep her and us by proxy very entertained. I also love that they go to Montessori school. I used to teach at a Montessori school and still love that philosophy and teaching method.
Girls Gone Child – This is one beautiful blog. Rebecca’s writing style is poetic and sweet. Her pictures are touching and gorgeous. She blogs about everyday life with her family in such an open and honest manner and is not afraid to tackle some of the harder and more taboo subjects about motherhood and marriage.
Blissful and Domestic – This is a newer blog to me. I found Danielle through a Pinterest pin about how her family of 4 lives on $14,000 a year. Heading into this period of lower income, I was very interested to see how she does it. I’m still learning and picking out a few tips here and there to implement into our life to see how feasible it is. We’re already pretty frugal, but I’m always open to more ideas! Check out this blog for lots of inspiration to live within your means.
Go check out my nominees. They are all great mamas who are definitely beautiful!